How Does It Work?
How To Use Enroll Medicare
Enroll Medicare is a website you can go to if you need help signing up for Medicare or if you have any Medicare questions at all. Our experts can answer questions about enrollment periods, Original Medicare, Medicare Supplements, and anything else you are having difficulty understanding.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to sign up for the Medicare plans that you need. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use Enroll Medicare to sign up for a Medicare Supplement Plan. In order to enroll in a Supplement plan, make sure you’re already enrolled in Original Medicare. You will also need your Medicare card number in order to enroll.
- Go to www.enrollmedicare.com
- When you get to the website, enter your zip code where prompted, and then click view plans.
- Choose your sex.
- Enter your date of birth when prompted, then click next.
- You will now be asked to choose from one of the following:
· Applying for coverage starting at age 65
· Applying for coverage due to Medicare eligibility for another reason
· Any other reason
- Once you’ve entered your selection, click next.
- You will be asked if you use tobacco. Choose yes or no.
- You will then be shown the most popular Medicare Supplements in your area. If you click on one of the plans, it will give you an estimate of your monthly payment if you enroll in that plan. (If you want information on other plans, please call us. We are always happy to help).
- Once you see your quote, you will also see a button below it that says Apply online. Click that button.
- You will be directed to a terms and conditions page. Once you read through it, click the agree button to indicate that you agree with all the terms and conditions.
- You will now be able to fill out an online application to enroll in a Medicare Supplement.
- The first page of the application is fairly self-explanatory. It will ask for your name, birthday, address, social security number, and a few more pieces of basic information. Once you’re finished, click next.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter your Medicare ID number as well as your Medicare eligibility date for Original Medicare. Enter that information and click next.
- The following page consists of 4 questions. Answer them and then click next.
- The next page will ask if you would like to proceed with the application. If you would like to proceed, take a look at the plan options right below that question. Fill in your requested Medicare Supplement effective date and click next.
- You will be brought to another page that has questions you need to answer. The questions are about your past and current health status and should be self-explanatory. Click next once you are finished.
- The next page will ask you to answer the questions unless you apply during the open enrollment period or a guaranteed issue application. If that does not apply, answer the questions and click next.Guaranteed issue rights apply in certain circumstances where insurance companies are required to offer you a Medicare Supplement Plan. If you’re in a situation where this applies, the companies must offer you the policy and cover all pre-existing health conditions. They are not permitted to charge more because of health issues.
- The next page will prompt you to enter your primary physician’s contact information, and you have to answer two additional questions. In order to proceed, you are required to enter the physician information.
- Once you click next, the application will ask how you’d like to pay. You can choose between an electronic funds transfer from a bank account or receiving a bill in the mail. You also have to decide when you’d like to pay – monthly, semi-annually, quarterly, or annually. Some payment options raise your premium.*Your premium will be different depending on your payment method. Unless you pay annually or monthly with an electronic funds transfer, your premium will increase. You are not locked into one payment method. If you choose one and decide that it isn’t working for you, you are permitted to switch how often you pay or how you pay.
- Once you review the page and select your responses, click next.
- Now you see will be the signature page. You can review your application to make sure everything is correct. Type your name in the signature box and click submit documents.
There are a lot of steps, but you should be able to complete all of these steps pretty quickly. If at any point you are having trouble with the website or you’d prefer to speak with a person live, you can always call us at 888-438-2012. We can help explain all of your plan options to you. We can also help you enroll in any Medicare Plan, including a Medicare Advantage Plan.
Some More Ways We Can Help You
If you want to see more plan options or you don’t understand something, we can help at any point in the process. We can explain the plans to you and generate quotes so you can see how much each plan will cost. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will also share a free E-book with you called Everything Medicare Supplement.
If you’re having difficulty enrolling in Original Medicare, we can help with that too! We can assist you with the application and make sure you get all the cards you need.
We are always happy to explain all of the options available to you.
We are licensed with 25 health insurance carriers, so in addition to Medicare Supplement Plans, we can also help you get signed up for a Medicare Advantage Plan. Please call to speak with an experienced representative who can help you with this process.